I regularly get invitations to speak to audiences large and small, from college campuses to professional conferences and community events. Over the years I've spoken at Brown University, UCLA, UC Berkeley, UC Davis, UC Santa Barbara, Cal Poly, Sonoma State, and Seattle University. I've presented at South by Southwest-Eco, at the annual Ecological Farming Association conference, and at the Bioneers conference and the Green Festivals. I've been invited at least a half-dozen times to be a speaker or moderator at the Commonwealth Club of California, the nation's oldest public affairs forum, where I have interviewed guests including MacArthur genius Peter Gleick and New York Times columnist Mark Bittman.
If you'd like to arrange a speaking gig, please contact me.
- September 30 – Satellites in the High Country launch party at Pegasus Books, Berkeley, CA
- October 1 – In Conversation with Bernie Krause, author of Voices of the Wild, at The Commonwealth Club, San Francisco, CA
- October 11 – In Conversation with Mary Ellen Hannibal, author of Spine of the Continent, at Litquake, Lafayette Public Library, Lafayette, CA
- October 14 – Green Arcade Books, San Francisco, CA
- October 16 – In Conversation with Stanford Professor Richard White and Sierra Club Deputy Executive Director Bruce Hamilton, Bioneers Conference, Marin County, CA
- October 27 – War and Peace Lecture, Sonoma State University, Rohnert Park, CA
- November 17 – Northtown Books, Arcata, CA
- November 18 – Tsunami Books, Eugene, CA
- November 19 – Powell's Books (Powell's on Hawthorne), Portland, OR
- November 20 – Town Hall, Seattle, WA
- January 5, 2016 – Village Books, Bellingham, WA
- January 10, 2016 – Book Passage, Corte Madera, CA